Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Line Drawing Project #3- Decorative and Contour Line

For this next project, I wanted to do something different from my other projects. So I choose to draw a sail boat. First I sketched out the boat and the sky. I also sketched out the decorative line and the contour the pole for the sails. The contour line was added to give the pole more shape.
Next I lined the decorative line and the contour line as well as lined the sun and clouds with my micron liners.

Then, I filled in the triangles in the decorative line to give it an added detail. I was not sure If I should of added ink wash for the water. I was hesitant to add the detail because I was afraid the decorative detail would have been lost.
This piece uses decorative line for the sail boat and contour for the flag pole.
So, later I attempted to add water detail with ink wash and though it didn't lose detail like I feared it just doesn't look right. I'm not sure what else I could have done to add the water detail. Maybe just lined and added clear wave lines.
Lastly, when I came home after critique I added a wave detail with the ink wash so the water no longer curves awkwardly. I think this really improved the piece and I'm happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Project

After we did the change series I found out that I want to play around with oil and soft pastels a little more and see what kind of effects...