Thursday, November 22, 2018

Final Project

After we did the change series I found out that I want to play around with oil and soft pastels a little more and see what kind of effects that I can achieve with them and also continuing with natural disasters/weather theme. So far the first piece I decided to do a thunderstorm and trying to achieve a lightning effect. I think this could be better and I definitely need more practice to achieve a better lightning effect.
For the second piece for the final I decided to do a drought. Out of all three this one is my least favorite. It needs something more to it, but I'm not completely sure what it is. I think it is also missing some depth and some shadows. I think it does a good job of showing barrenness which is what I wanted it to. I tried my best to give the sun a hazy effect and I think it somewhat came out.
For the third and final piece for the final series I decided to do a flood. This one is probably my favorite. I really like how this one came out. The water helps to give movement in this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Project

After we did the change series I found out that I want to play around with oil and soft pastels a little more and see what kind of effects...